Gathering nations and being relevant

Spring has come to Romania, strawberries will come soon, and the weather has
warmed nicely and the sounds of birds singing are surrounding the open
windows as fresh flows into apartments swallowing up the dry winter air. One
easter has passed, the one celebrated in most of the world, and next week I
will celebrate another, the one celebrated in eastern Europe.

I just got back from a 4 day conferance in Hungary, the Festival of the
Nations, which was celebrating not only cultures from all over the world but
the 40th anniversary of Youth With A Mission. Here are some of the
highlights for me:

1) Being surrounded by various leaders in YWAM: Loren and Darlene
Cunningham, the founders of YWAM; Jim Stier and his wife, the current
president of YWAM; Frank Naea, the president elect of YWAM who will be
inaugurated in September of this year; and many others... One thing I have
appreciated in being in Europe is we have much more contact with various
leaders than I did when I was in the states.

2) Hearing the heart of Frank Naea and I have discovered we, as YWAM, have
much to look forward to in the next couple years... He is an amazing person
and very amuzing. Seeing him crowd surf during an intercession time
(representing the various nations coming together to support another nation
in a region that is so divided) and captivating the audience with his
stories and sharing encouraged me. (I highly recommend for you YWAM'ers to
get to the Staff Conferance in September, it will be a lot of fun.)

3) The worship and the gathering of cultures was wonderful. We were blessed
and amazed though to see that Romanians were a majority in this
conferance!!!

4) The changes taking place in youth with a mission are amazing, the
underlying question of this conferance was how can we be relevant to the
next generation. It challenged me a lot in how to reach the street children
in Romania. It's estimated that half of the amount of people who get saved
are under 10! We tend to focus on reaching adults, but we need to make sure
our ministry includes that for the younger generation as well.

Regardless, I had a wonderful time and I am learning the value of operating
in humility, realizing that I don't know all the different ways to reach
people, but I do want to offer Jesus and not religion.

Also, I have finally updated my website and there will be more things that I
am adding on so feel free to stop by and check it out.
www.bigfoot.com/~prayforamy

In His Grip,

Amy Tompkins
Youth With A Mission - Romania
prayforamy at bigfoot_com

P.S. - For those of you who were wanting to send boxes of clothes and toys
to me to be used for the street children (the day center and home - you are
now able to. I found a place that I  am going to start renting soon for
storage. So, if you are one who wants to gather and send stuff to me please
email me back and I will give you the appropriate information... Anything is
welcome, if you are wanting ideas on what you could send you can email me
and ask as well.