Re: everybody wants to pass as cats

hi.
> Topic: use of the word "cat" in the above or similar senses.
>
> 1.  Who is qualified to use this bit of slang.

anyone of adult age.  and if you have a beret or a saxophone,  even more so.

> 2.  Who can't use it without sounding affected and wrong (like a high
> school teacher in his eighties trying to say, "Yoyo my homie dog what up
> you cool cat" and just sounding like he's reading a poorly written cue
> card).

children shouldn't use "cat"  unless referring to their housepet.
80-year-olds are welcome to use "cat" in this sense,  and i'm sure some do.

> 3.  Give me five workable examples of "cat," used in its slang sense.

a.)  that cat can jam!
b.)  dig that cool cat over there with the velvet nehru jacket on, man!
c.)  me and the cats are gonna slide by the Hard Rock  Cafe tonight.  wanna
come?
d.)  DM is a cool cat.
e.)  new cats come onto the list all the time,  then kyle tells 'em to fuck
off, and they send 40 "take me off the list"  announcements before they
finally connect to the daemon.

>  Is there anyone who can't be referred to as "cat"?

Cat Stevens.    he hates that now, i think.

> I wanna be a lion,

i wanna be adored----stone roses (?)

bye.
jg