everybody wants to pass as cats

> Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2000 09:19:33 -0400
> From: kelvinbailey at springmail_com
> Subject: MAKE THE VOICES STOP!
>
> Geez...can't you just let it go.  Or take it off the list and e-mail
> the cat privately.  PLEASE!  I'll pay you!

Hmmm.

Okay.

Slang survey.

Reply to me privately.

And . . . become a part of my silly informal research for my modern
english grammar paper.

Topic: use of the word "cat" in the above or similar senses.

1.  Who is qualified to use this bit of slang.
2.  Who can't use it without sounding affected and wrong (like a high
school teacher in his eighties trying to say, "Yoyo my homie dog what up
you cool cat" and just sounding like he's reading a poorly written cue
card).
3.  Give me five workable examples of "cat," used in its slang sense.
4.  Is there anyone who can't be referred to as "cat"?

I know this ain't no OtR topic atall atall, but I thought there were
probably about a dozen cat-as-slang users out there . . . so talk at me
if you wanna.

I wanna be a lion,

Fred

PS: Kelvin, your participation is required . . .  :)