100 Portraits

I am usually quite the lurker and basically skim through most of the digests
these days, but when I saw 100 Portraits mentioned, that got my attention.
Their _Five Wise Virgins_ cd is incredible!  I stumbled across it by
accident.  I used to be a music buyer for an evil Christian bookstore (I
worked there for over 10 years so I'm not too far off track when I say
*evil*), and I would get junk mail sent to me all the time trying to get me
to buy from different distributors.  I got this thing from Grassroots
Distribution in Texas saying that maybe I should check out this group 100
Portraits who sounds like a cross between Over the Rhine and Rusted Root, two
of my absolute favorite bands.  I knew immediately that I had to have a copy
of that cd, even though I'd never heard it.  I ordered a copy for myself and
I was NOT disappointed in the least....that cd did not leave my stereo for
quite awhile. And I annoyed everyone who knew me, gushing about this great
band that no one had ever heard of.   I ordered _Time Will Be the Tell_ (the
one with the woman painted black on the cover) and I was not nearly as
impressed, but I still found it enjoyable.  Anyway, if any of you get a
chance at all, you should take the time to check their music out.  They have
a wonderful website (100portraits.com), where they discuss their mission
statement, and have links to other bands they like a lot (including
Waterdeep) and you can view the work of various visual artists as well.  It
is truly a cool thing.

going back to my own private universe now,
Gail

np--Red Hot Chili Peppers _Blood Sugar Sex Magik_