helena's post...

I know we're not supposed to EVERY respond to a post saying "me too",
but, Helena, maybe I'm just a stick in the mud, but
"me too."

I agree with you.  I've just gotten used to only reading about one
post out of every digest I get.  The folks here are nice, and many
are close friends, so there's a LOT of silliness that goes on [ meet
some of them, and you'll quickly understand -- Drew and Chris, for
two, are TOTALLY NUTS ;-) ].

But I also, like you, feel that Over the Rhine's music is about
something much deeper.  I don't see OTR as just a band, anymore than
I see VoL or 16HP as "just a band" - they play a type of music that
touches my soul - it is INDEED a spiritual experience for me.  That
may or may not have anything to do with the members of the band as
individuals, though as little as we've spoken to one another and via
common friends I think they are fine people, BUT, none-the-less,
something they speak to and about really hits me deep.

I, for one, thank you for sharing...

many blessings,

mr. shannon lee lewis
SLEWIS at libris_libs.uga.edu
http://www.libs.uga.edu/scicirc/home.html
http://www.wdausa.org/
http://soe.pair.com
"Honey, we're all resplendent...
 honey, we're all thriftstore.
 Like a wino with a $20 bill -
 forever and eternally yours" - Bill Mallonee
NOW PLAYING;  Bill Mallonee and Vigilantes of Love -
AUDIBLE SIGH