RE: gee, thanks....

> Hey Emery, What's up? Reply first, then catch up

Fair enough.

> >I don't think we've nominated a Deity Of The Week.
>

> I'm voting Coyote. But, Unless JG pulls one of his his stunts
> Coyote is
> almost always my vote. But then, if you lived my life...

I was thinking more along the lines of Les Claypool.

But of course, JG is *always* a contender.

> > > first start
> >
> > > My, what a vintage mid 90's attitude you have there...
> >
> >That's what he said.
>
> I think She was shooting 91-93, I was going more 95-97.

That's the difference between high school and post-college for me.

the difference between Aerosmith and Yes, if you will.

> > >   So there goes your data set.
> > > Double regression curve not valid.
> > >
> > > Where'd you learn English, Carl Sagan?
> >
> >if you don't understand, there's always GuruNet.
> http://www.gurunet.com
>
> English.MFer Do you speak it? Math ain't no country I ever
> heard of (smirk)

That's an even more obscure region of math - a little district called
"statistics"

> explain that
> >>again?
> > > Her paycheck isn't able to.
> >
> >Adrenaline junkie.   Couldn't get into college.  Had nothing
> better to do.
>
> Excuse me but she 16 credit hours at Kent State, working 32 hours a week
day
> job for the bills, and running 3rd shift with the FD doesn't quite make
for
> nothing better to do. Adrenaline junkie...

Just listing reasons I've been given for people becoming firefighters.
I've known a couple.

> > > No you are so incredibly absolutely fucking wrong. Wars are fought out

> > > of duty, love of country, and honor.
> >
> >LOL!   DM, I laughed so HARD when I read this.   That's
> good.  Very good.
> >Straight outta recruitment propaganda.
>
> Can you imagine me in a buzz cut? LMAO!

Shit, DM, I can barely imagine you without your *hat*.

> >War is nothing more than a violent means to political ends.
> Has nothing to
> >do with individual people dumb enough to be in the armed
> forces.  Or even
> >the generals et al who plan things.
>
> True enough.

The whole "love, honor, country" thing is very poetic, but doesn't wash in
the real world.

> >Can't have one without the other.
>
> I can't even get that close. I'm a lost shady on that whole
> good/evil thing.

If you arbitrarily define "good", you need an arbitrarily defined "evil" as
well.

Otherwise, it's the black cat in the coal cellar at midnight.

> > > How about Robert Heinlein? Go read Time Enough for Love, Stranger in a
> > > Strange Land, and To Sail Beyond the Sunset
> >
> >TSBTS
>
> What disease is that?

To Sail Beyond the Sunset

> was pretty lame, IMO.   The more he tied in every friggin thing he
> >wrote together, the lamer it got.
>
> Emery, I was raised on that book. ON Heinlein in general,
> hence my shadyness with good/evil.

DM, we've had this discussion, I think.  I just much prefer his novels when
they can stand on their own, and don't require a last minute rescue by Pixel
and/or Gay Deceiver.

> > > Oh, me? hi I'm D.M. (or that steive ray vaugh looking
> > > mother-f-er to you not in earshot)
> >
> >hehe.   Long time no see, D.M.   What's shakin'?
>
> I've been suffering the human version of trench run disease, know to knock

> off death stars. But i'm feeling better now. It took some time to recoup
> after a bunch of crap, and a week in vermont really helped.

Cool.  I've heard Vermont is good for that.  Nice to see you back with us.

> Been writing, working on publishing, and getting a tour together. You
coming
> up for the Bink/OTR/M.Kelsey weekend or what you slacker? >:)

When is that?  I'm under the gun at work ATM - deadlines, deadlines,
deadlines.  It's hard to break away for a couple hours, much less leave
town.   We'll have to see.

BTW, for you geeks out there - GREP IS YOUR FRIEND!

That's all.

--
Chris Emery
Web Commerce Developer