Re: Buddy and Julie on Friday?

>"brian abbott" <barabas0 at hotmail_com> wrote:
>this is definitely not a preshow idea. but if you get a chance, ask julie
>and buddy about thier 'ORPHAN STORY'.  they told it both nights in chicago.
>  pretty remarkable.  buddy and julie are so refreshing.  julie especially.
>  she is beyond description.  i won't even try. . .

     Julie told what she called her 'HAPPY STORY': it was the orphan
story.  She was sick and 'thinking to God', not even praying she said,
when she thought about orphans.  If she could not raise an orphan why
not provide the resources to help someone else raise an orphan.  At
some point afterward Julie got a letter from a fan--someone who only
met them once--asking for help in trying to adopt a Russian child.  It
seemed pretty unusual but Julie called her and asked about it.  At
this point there was no thought of giving the fan any money, but she
listened to the story.  The fan had prayed about it and God told her
to ask Julie Miller for the money.  The fan did not think that she
got the true meaning of the message but she wrote Julie anyway.

     On some later day Buddy answered the phone very early in the
morning and it was the fan who asked for money to adopt a Russian
child.  He found it within himself to remain polite and talking
with her even though it sounded like a crank call much too early
in the morning.  He asked how much money was needed.  Eight thousand
dollars is what it would take for the fan to be able to adopt.  Soon
after that call came another call for a one time all money up front
to do four songs for two thousand dollars each.  Buddy told Julie
about the phone calls.  Julie made the connection that the money that
the fan needed was being offered to them.  They helped the fan, and
in additions to the first child, the childs 13 year old sister was
added to the deal for no additional money.  Normally 13 years old is
too old to qualify for the adoption policies, but it was permitted
anyway.

     After the story and an orphan song Julie thanked Karin and
Linford for the flowers that were on the stage on a stool next to
Julie.  Buddy was wearing a Patience t-shirt mostly covered by an
unbuttoned blue denim shirt--I recognized the clock on the shirt.

     I am really glad that I heard so much about Buddy and Julie on
the list.  I had heard of both of them but did not know they were
married.  The show was a great introduction to their music.  The
venue was good for them.  Much of the crowd in Southgate House was
very casual and familiar with the artists on stage which I guess was
a down-home attitude.  Buddy and Julie gave two encores.

--Rick C