Re: Buddy and Julie on Friday?

Rick Cassinelli II wrote:

>      I am really glad that I heard so much about Buddy and Julie on
> the list.  I had heard of both of them but did not know they were
> married.  The show was a great introduction to their music.  The
> venue was good for them.  Much of the crowd in Southgate House was
> very casual and familiar with the artists on stage which I guess was
> a down-home attitude.  Buddy and Julie gave two encores.

It was a marvelous show. For someone to be as talented as they are
-- great singers, songwriters, and, re: Buddy, a great guitarist --
and be such incredibly sweet people on top of it...it's almost
unfair! Buddy was happy to hear about VoL coming to town, as he
produced their last record, he thinks Bill is one of the best
songwriters around.

If you get a chance to see Buddy & Julie, *do not* miss it. It is
absolutely as good as good gets -- biting roots rock, soulful
country, Appalachian gospel-tinged stomps, and big fat grooves. Mmm.

Dave

***
Dave Purcell, newport at one_net
The Riverside, Magus Productions, Pike 27 are all at:
http://w3.one.net/~newport/