RE: gee, thanks....

> >If that's the case, I want to know who is holding the cards
> and if he has
> >any previous criminal records for fraud and where his hands have been
> >recently.  I hope he washed his hands before coming back to duty.
> >

> Deity on Duty? any takers?

I don't think we've nominated a Deity Of The Week.

> >First of all, how early 90's.  It wasn't funny when people
> first start

> My, what a vintage mid 90's attitude you have there...

That's what he said.

if you don't understand, there's always GuruNet.   http://www.gurunet.com

> And eugenics for the elimination of the emotional incapable then? (careful

> how you answer that, Adrian)

> >When is the last time someone put themselves into danger for "love"?  I
> >applaud your romantic ideas, however misguided they might be.  People go
> >into danger for personal gains, mainly economic reasons.
>
> I'm sorry I'm dating A firefighter, would you care to explain that again?
> Her paycheck isn't able to.

Adrenaline junkie.   Couldn't get into college.  Had nothing better to do.

> >Wars aren't fought for love, they are fought over politics and money.
>
> No you are so incredibly absolutely fucking wrong. Wars are fought out of
> duty, love of country, and honor.

LOL!   DM, I laughed so HARD when I read this.   That's good.  Very good.

Straight outta recruitment propaganda.

War is nothing more than a violent means to political ends.  Has nothing to
do with individual people dumb enough to be in the armed forces.  Or even
the generals et al who plan things.

> It goes so far beyond this- but just as the appropriate
> Heinlein reference-
> "Pessimists may be right more often, but optimists have more fun"

> Calling the woman I'm dating stupid for running into a burning build while

> every one else is running out is a silly way to endanger your own well
> being. And she hits harder than I do.

Good for her.  It still ain't to smart in the grand scheme of things to
place yourself in the path of danger.  There's a reason people have a
biochemical panic reaction in some of these cases.  Self-preservation, blah
blah, etc

> > Even by your definition, at best.  how can
> >good be
> >defined without evil?
> >

> well, how about by yours?

Can't have one without the other.

> >Dreamers, where do you find them.  I am still looking for sarcasm by the
> >way, and no sir, didn't find any.

> How about Robert Heinlein? Go read Time Enough for Love,
> Stranger in a
> Strange Land, and To Sail Beyond the Sunset

TSBTS was pretty lame, IMO.   The more he tied in every friggin thing he
wrote together, the lamer it got.

> Oh, me? hi I'm D.M. (or that steive ray vaugh looking
> mother-f-er to you not in earshot)

hehe.   Long time no see, D.M.   What's shakin'?

--
Chris Emery
Web Commerce Developer