lollygagging

>That's why we call it Hollywood, bub.

No . . . it's called Hollywood because that's the name of the town.  I mean.
They just callled it that.  Like, "How 'bout Hollywood, that sounds nice,"
and everybody agreed except for a couple of people, so they called it
Hollywood and that was that.  Nothing to do with good and evil, really.

>Its a movie. make believe, fairy tale, overly optimistic >drivel, blowing
sun shine up your ass.

I can think of better places for sunshine, but that will do.

>Of course we'd like to elieve there is this wonderful little >streak of
goodness in us all and that's supposedly eternal or >whatever. There is a
term for that, its called denial, >avoidance reaction.

That was two terms.

Who is "we" in this portion.  Actually I think you have a really strong
desire to believe that everything is evil, because that would simplify the
world for you.  You base this on . . . spending too much time inside, I
think.  I mean this in the nicest way.  There are just much cooler people
out there than apparently you have met.  If you respond negatively to this
comment, Darth, it will only make me stronger.

>We'd only "love" each other in the darkest days because we NEED >each other
for support.

True.  Except for the word "only."

>The herd instinct if you will to increase the chance of >survival of each
Individual animal, or maybe in some cases the >instinctual urge to reproduce
and pass on the genes when one >knows death is upon us.

I'm not satisfied with the herd instinct as an explanation for all human
actions.  I don't feel like talking about it, though.  I just think it's
lame to bring it up so triumphantly as if it really tidily explains
everything.  If I risk my life to help a drowing stranger rather than
stealing his money and car keys after he sinks, that isn't very neatly
explained by herd instinct.  B/c that stranger wasn't in my particular herd,
and my greater herd didn't need him to survive.  Frankly my greater herd is
doing pretty stinking well, and saving anyone's life at the risk of my own
would be ridiculous,  based on herd instinct  explanations of human
behavior.

But I'd do it.  I'd try to save the drowning man.

Sorry I talked about that.  Was trying not too.  Didn't feel like talking
about it.  Did it before, somewhere in the archives.

At least there was a U2 reference in it all.

>once the danger passes, so does this mythical "love" for all.

<Dr. Evil>  Nuh-uh.  That's wrong.  No.  I said it's wrong.  Shhh.  Zip it.
Zip it.  Zippit.  www.zipit.com.  zzzzt.  </Dr. Evil>

>People hardly love each other now, you think having a machine >gun sticking
up your anal cavity is going help that
>disposition?

All I get from this is that you have never experienced people coming
together under adversity.  That's all I get from it.

>Evil is eternal, bitch.

Oooooo!  Forceful!!!!  :)

Love joy peace patience goodness kindness self control are eternal.  Evil is
only a state of lack.  The lack will be filled.

Also, a gentle answer turneth away wrath.  Somebody said that.  I like it,
though sometimes I'm not as gentle as I wish I were.

Umm.

12:30.

Must go.

Fred