Re: gee, thanks....

huxley00x at hotmail_com writes:

(Warning- the following reply contains sarcasm in an attempt to match the
tone of the reply to mine. One good sarcasm deserves another and all that ;-)

 <<That's why we call it Hollywood, bub.  Its a movie.  make believe, fairy
 tale, overly optimistic drivel, blowing sun shine up your ass.

Uh *bub*? Now that's a great way to start off a well reasoned reply. I do
assume you were trying for that correct? Maybe not...     These movies we're
talking about, made by human beings right?  I think it argues my point that
so many of these movies do look like, when compared to real life, a fairy
tale.  Something inside us understands that things aren't what they are
supposed to be and we make up stories that are often metaphors of the imprint
within us that either remembers prefall life or longs for heaven. Life can be
shit when we compare it to our dreams, but yet we keep on dreaming. Perhaps,
just as one in the dark before morning knows the day is coming we look
forward to it. One isn't delusional, if in fact the sun will rise, if he
looks forward its rising is he?...  A good artist is always striving for some
kind of beauty, if only in form.  Even in the ugliness of this present
reality the truth is there is everywhere beauty that calls to true truth.
    There was no hope apparent to Jews in Germany but they often kept on
singing in the camps.  Paul didn't know he was going to be delivered in
prison but he kept on praising his God. Although I haven't suffered
physically my life has been pretty much a series of broken dreams but I know
it'll all work out cuz there is one who holds all the cards. And, it makes me
more aware of the pain of others.

>Of course  we'd like to believe there is this wonderful little streak of
goodness in us
 all and that's supposedly eternal or whatever.  There is a term for that,
 its called denial, avoidance reaction.

 **That is your term for it. Others call it the hope that is in them. And,
since it resides in the race as a whole, I tend to think there must be
something to it. Even seems downright empirical to me. A  few billion human
experiments and they all come out with the same *glitch*...NOT!

<< We'd only "love" each other in the
 darkest days because we NEED each other for support.

That's true. Yep. There is something in us that needs each other, NEEDS
communion with each other. Even in the brightest days. We just need it more
in the darkest. Makes sense to me. Doesn't argue against love and communion.
Argues for it.

 <<The herd instinct if
 you will to increase the chance of survival of each Individual animal, or
 maybe in some cases the instinctual urge to reproduce and pass on the genes
 when one knows death is upon us.

Baa ptooy. Excuse me but that's a bigger load than the load in a porta potty
at Woodstock. All our hopes and yearnings, passions, love of beauty, Truth
and truths, etc. reduced to mere animal instinct or some (to use your word
for the idea of love) *mythical* survival of the species urge. Yea, and love
is just a gastrointestinal pain right?

<< the danger passes, so does this
 mythical "love" for all.

Now that's a fantasy world of highest order.
Historically people constantly put themselves INTO danger for that mythical
thing called *love* With the aforementioned scenario people would in general
run and hide when danger came near in order to survive, not get right into
the thick of it.

<<People hardly love each other now, you think
 having a machine gun sticking up your anal cavity is going help that
 disposition?  Evil is eternal, bitch.

If one looks at *evil* and *good* abstractly it has to be good that is
eternal if we admit either exist at all. All the ideas about what is evil are
perversions and corruptions of what is thought of as good so good can stand
on its own whereas evil must always be reliant on the good to even exist at
all.

PS -- it has been known to happen; people with the equivalent of a machine
gun sticking up their anal cavity have showed love for their torturer. Time
and again actually.

Thanks, please play again.

Pax,
Kevin