Re: Emmyou Harris question

the ope wrote:

> Hey!!! does anyone here on the list own Emmylou Harris' "Wrecking
> Ball" album? I'm deciding whether i should get it or not. I've heard
> it's a really good album. I know she is a country artist, and was
> wondering how country sounding that album actually is! Should i get
> it or not? lyrics good? bad? thanks! to whomever helps me out!!

Wrecking Ball is a marvelous record and, fwiw, is the least
country-sounding of any Emmylou's done. It's more a Emmylou-Daniel
Lanois partnership than a true Emmy record, so if you like Lanois'
gauzy, atmospheric production style (late-80s U2, Robbie Robertson,
Chris Whitley, Bob Dylan's last two records), you'll dig it. The song
selection is incredible, including tunes by Julie Miller, Neil Young,
Hendrix, and Steve Earle.

Cheers,
Dave
***
Dave Purcell, newport at one_net
The Riverside, Magus Productions, Pike 27 are all at:
http://w3.one.net/~newport/