Re: Over-The-Rhine Digest V3 #102

I came back on a high last night after the Festival of Faith and Writing in
Grand Rapids.  I was bummed to have missed Maya Angelou, but I've never heard so
many wonderful authors (Clyde Edgerton (read "Raney" if you haven't yet), Anne
Lamott, Chaim Potok, James McBride, James Schapp, etc.) and so many amazing
musicians (Over the Rhine, Buddy & Julie Miller, Pedro the Lion, Robert Deeble,
Mike Knott and Jan Krist) in one place before.

One of the highlights was the OTR-Millers show.  Buddy and Julie joined Karen
and Linford on stage for a rendition of "Orphan Girl" that melted me into a pool
of jello in my seat.

On another interesting note, in the Minneapolis airport on the way home, I went
into the Discovery Zone store, and in the tiny CD section that consisted of
maybe 50 titles, 35 of which were world music, was the new Good Dog Bad Dog.
Very encouraging.

-Josh Jackson
PasteMusic.com -- http://www.pastemusic.com