@@Re: evil and humanity (only this message is evil and inhumane)

brian apologizes,

>sorry this is so long, but i figure if you can write two sentences to the
> whole otr group about chocolate oranges then i can write a book.  i say
this
> with no bitterness whatsoever. :)

hi, whole OtR group!

y'know,  i went out and bought 2 choccy oranges this afternoon,  since i
prefer dark choccy and db prefers milk choccy.  also bought some imported
bars with hazelnuts,  but anyway, all this talk about chocolate (yes, i'm a
junkie) got me thinking of a little accident i had recently  (this is sort
of like the beet and carrot soup tale).

one day i had a few Hershey's bars  (not at all a favourite, but y'know,
chocolate:  never turn it down!)  and i left them on top of the Magic Chef.
db fires up the oven for pizza or frenchetty fries,  and doesn't remove the
Hershey bars from the top.    Aaack!   melty chocolate goo when i discover
them!

i put them into the freezer to re-firm them  (plus, i tend to like choccy in
the freezer anyway).  Now, here comes the salient point  (~is~ there such a
thing in jg posts?) :     the normally gritty, course, grainy Hershey's
chocolate bar was made melt-in-your-mouth soft and especially tasty by the
melt-and-freeze process.   I thought  "perhaps it's just me"  but db agreed
these were the best Hershey bars we'd ever had.

feel free to replicate my serindipitous discovery,  or debate why monkeys
don't freeze hershey bars  (because they have prehensile tails!!).

dinner tonight, BTW,  consisted of beets,  asparagus,  and escalloped
potatoes.   the errant beet juice turned the orange scalloped potatoes a
deep rich orange,  but made the asparagus kinda purple.   little ian had
carrots but for some reason i didn't get any.   but then,  ~he~  didn't get
the banana popsicle.

speaking of popsicle,  the ice-cream man drove down the street over the
weekend.   summer's here!

(brian,  you forgot that nobody comes here for the OtR talk anyway)
bye,
jg
NP:  the Telling  __blue solitaire__