Re: who needs content anyway?

hmm...i was listening to a recent edition of npr's "this american life" a
few days ago, and there was a fascinating story about the online discussion
group for fans of the musical "rent".  all of their listees had developed a
close community, with people staying in each other's apartments when they
went to shows, building offline friendships, etc.--it sounded pretty similar
to our own little dysfunctional family.  but there was a girl in their group
who convinced everyone, including the cast of "rent", that she had a
terminal illness.  it turned out to all be a big scam, and it ultimately
made me wonder about our own dissonance between our real selves, and the
selves we present to each other in the safety of our monitors and
keyboards...

anyway, does anyone else listen to "tal"?

i don't want karin and linford to move to nyc, either.  cincinnati is a fine
city, and a perfect central location for a touring band.  on the other hand,
i find myself frequently wanting to leave here and see what's out there, so
i can't blame them.  besides, everyone who leaves this city ends up coming
back eventually....it's *really* beautiful in cinti today--no need for a
fuzzy pimp coat now!

i liked linford's letter.  did everyone else get four copies of it, or was
hotmail just playing mind games with me?  the illustration he used about his
father's preaching and announcements instantly took me back to the days when
i sat under my own father's sermons.

gotta go play in the sunshine now.

--amyjoy