pudding and padding (was moth)

'ello-

i'm enjoing this thread a lot... different perspectives etc.

bruce offers:

>Arguing religion to me is like arguing abortion or pudding flavors.  >You
>can't sway people really, especially not through words.  And I >doubt
>anyone (be it God or the CEO of Jello's Pudding Division) >wants people to
>fight.

i would agree, but i see a large difference b/w fighting and discussing.
there's a difference (for me) b/w badgering and challenging.  the former is
fruitless and the latter truly wonderful!  where would any of us be without
a little iron sharpening iron?  and i would never seek to argue religion.
religion is an institution.  i was hoping to come out of the box a label can
put me in (without denying its overshadowing implications) and just talk
about stuff, life, reality.

going back to the notion of context, i think we're on the same page with the
intertextuality of a song like moth.  there is good reason to believe that a
thread of christianity is woven into the tapestry of this song, this "text"
(which derives originally from the Latin word for weaving and for interwoven
material).  i think it's safe to say that one facet of many of otr's lyrics
could have some base in Christianity.  that's about all i think it's safe to
say :)

and mark mentions:

>But when it all comes down to it,
>we've decided that we've seen what the world has to offer, and we
>ultimately choose something we perceive as better.

duuuude, the matrix is real!

on my way f'r now-
marie