Re: moth

>  i still think the christianity is
> integral though b/c christians have two frames of reference-- we have the
> opportunity to see both sides of the coin.
>  but we also give our
> lives to what we believe the real stuff is.

Indeed!

I think this is where a lot of people get the desire to start calling
people zealots [Hi Brucie! :)].  I mean, it's very easy to come off
sounding pretentious as a Christian.  But when it all comes down to it,
we've decided that we've seen what the world has to offer, and we
ultimately choose something we perceive as better.

I can see too how Bruce's statement of favourite flavors, and whether to
abort, or not to abort can come into play here as well, but I don't
share his cynicism that people's minds can't be changed.  It's true that
*people* can't change other people's minds on things that seem to be so
integral to the personal make-up of the individual in question, so the
change has to come from within.  Some (Christians) would say that that
change really comes from God--but! the person changing has to be
receptive to it. And that's where people come into play.  We, as people,
have the power to influence others.  Anybody wanna say advertising??  If
nothing else, the blatant and fierce beast, consumerism, is testament to
that. So, no we can't change people, but we can be IYW, the catalyst.

anybody follow that?

-m