Re: moth

> I think I responded to your moth post once before,
> but strangely enough,
> I was just wishing a little while ago that I could
> find that post with
> this A.D. quote. Interesting, aye?

Yes, you did respond...and one other person did.  But
that time I hadn't actually put the quote IN my
email...so now you have it. :-)

> I'll admit that that "there's no saviour"
> line was hard to
> get past at times.  I think if you take it in
> context though, it's
> easier to swallow.--- Which leads to the question,
> "What context,
> Mark?"

perhaps I am being too simple...but the context seems
to be the rest of that line.  "there's not savior
hanging on this cross."  and there's not, is there?  I
mean, Christians believe he rose again, right? :)
Also, as far as you were saying with the metaphorical
martyrdom, it fits that,as well.  If the cause is, as
you put it "unjust, selfish, or otherwise needless,"
then Christ WOULDN'T be on the cross, right?

You know, I think what's cools about interpretation is
that a song could mean something totally different to
many people (and I don't think our ideas are totally
different, Mark), and still be valid and contextually
based.  Who knows what people mean EXACTLY when they
write things.  If Linford and Karin wrote so that we
could understand without thinking much, we probably
wouldn't like it much.

And, when it comes down to it, this is a damn good
song.

You know, I am crying buckets over not being able to
afford the Calvin college faith and writing
conference.  Not only could I see Linford, karin,
buddy, julie, ashley and kenny (all artists I adore),
but I could hear my hero of the moment, anne lamott,
SPEAK.  geez.

sigh.

Hope everyone's sunday is dandy.  My fiance just
brought me breakfast, isn't he sweet?

love, jeni