Re: Wooty Woot!

On 2/24, Ysobelle at aol_com wrote:

>Looks like there's a strong possibility I'm going to see Cowboy Junkies
>at the TLA here in Philly tomorrow night. I went out and bought _200 More
>Miles: Live Performances 1985 - 1994_ just to take a further edge off my
>cluelessness. I have to say the big draw for me is Margo's voice and
>stage presence, which I got to experience in Columbus when OtR opened a
>while back. She just seems like such a nice person.

That show is scheduled to be webcast tonight. Details are at
www.cowboyjunkies.com/main.html. The Junkies are great. Margo is the most
gracious performer I've ever met. (Granted, I haven't met that many, but
she's at the head of the pack by far.) If you get the chance, stick around
to talk with her after the show.

>I seem to remember that Michael is her brother-- am I correct? So who's
>Peter, then? And are they touring in support of an album, or is the
>latest CD still the B-sides & rarities collection?

Michael is an older brother, Peter is a younger brother and there are three
other siblings not in the band. Alan Anton is Mike's old (well, long-time)
friend. They're still touring for the rarities collection, but they'll have
a new cd out this fall, so they're doing 3-4 new songs each show, and a good
selection of the older stuff.

>And before I forget, thanks to everyone who sent me happy thoughts and
>links to that old post I was looking for. Y'all rock. I would say I'm
>feeling better, but I finished of my astonishingly wretched week with the
>news that my 96-year-old grandmother is in the hospital with pneumonia.
>You see? This is what happens when you say, "Well, at least things
>couldn't get any worse."

She's in my prayers, and so are you.

Lurker Jeanne
resident Cowboy Junkies freak