ball planning Cincinnati Parks and Coney information

    I did not mean to hold back this information for so long.
I really thought I could try to make sense of it and give an
organized presentation of options.  Here is the messy data.
Now I understand how much trouble it is to plan a wedding.

    The key to understanding how this works is that you are
told one price only to realize it does not include everything
that you really need such as tables, chairs, a required
police officer (at Cincinnati parks), knives, forks, napkins,
glasses, service charges, taxes, gratuity.  We still need to
know if we can set up a stage at each of these locations and
will they charge us extra for the musicians to set up and
use electricity.  A band would probably need to be paid,
such as Michale Kelsey.

    In a previous email I described an estimate of about $27
per person for a minimum 150 people at Moonlight Pavillion and
Moonlight Gardens.  They sent more information on different
options.  These options are all based on a minimum of 150
people.  Each of these includes 4 hour rental of Moonlite
Pavilion, Buffet Dinner with fresh dinner rolls, coffee, iced
tea; china, crystal and silver, linen tablecloths and napkins,
free parking.  The per person cost includes more than the
Cincinnati parks but does not include 17% service charge
which itself is subject to 6% Ohio sales tax.  Cash bar
requires like $40 per bartender and includes cost of mixes,
glasses, garnishes, stir sticks and napkins: $3.25 house
brands, $3.75 premium brands, $3.00 wine by glass, $2.75
domestic beer, $3.50 imported beer, $1.00 soft drinks,
$2.50 sparkling water.

    Buffet option A: $26.95 per person, no bar service, 2
of 5 choices of Roasted Round of Beef, Beef tips bourguignon,
boneless breast of chicken (with mushroom tarragon sauce),
baked honey glazed ham, fettucini prima vera (I guess the
last one is vegetarian dairy); 3 of 7 vegetables; 2 salads
on buffet or 1 set on table from 4 choices.  Buffet option
B: $28.95, no bar service; similar but a better quality of
food.  Buffet option C: even better food plus Hors d'Oeuvres
(why can't they spell it _Ordervz_?) $29.95.

    When I called about Krohn Conservatory I got an idea
of how everything costs separately.  The parks have exclusive
caterers.  I only called Village Pantry Catering (513-965-0511)
who sent 6 pages of prices for a wide range of elegant food
options.  It is enough to make you want to have pot luck
dinner or a picnic.  A police officer is required at Krohn, so
it might be part of the hidden costs of the other parks.
I will list the rental prices and list of caterers for anyone
adventurous enough to call them.

    The contact for all the Cincinnati Parks is:
Historic Properties Management
PO Box 8929
Cincinnati, OH 45208-0929
(513) 351-4777; fax 351-7273
email: info4hpm at aol_com

The caterers for these 3 pavilions and 3 lodges are:
Chef's Choice
The Chafer
Cuisines Catering
Elegant Fare
Village Pantry (513-965-0511)

    Alms Park Pavilion, $700 six hours, up to 120 people.
    Ault Park Pavilion, $1400 six hours (weekend) up to 70
indoors, up to 600 outdoors with canopies.
    Mt Echo Pavilion $800 six hours (weekend) up to 200
people, nice view of the city.

    The lodges and shelters are:
    Maple Ridge Lodge $400 eight hours (weekend) 200 people.
Mount Airy forest, expansive patios, spacious interior, fireplace.
    Oak Ridge Lodge $350 eight hours (weekend) in a grove of
trees in Mount Airy forest, two patios and a back terrace with
open sides shelter. up to 125 people.
    Mt. Airy Arboretum $800 six hours (weekend) surrounded by
manicured gardens.

    I have a list of more leads that I am too tired to type
tonight but which I can type later if anyone is interested
in making phone calls.  I can continue to call also if others
do.

--Rick C