Re: GDBD re-release

Just for the uninitiated, "re-mastering" of a c.d., or "mastering" or a c.d. has
nothing to do with the actually recording of the music -- the versions and
performances of the songs that are on the Virgin release of GDBD are the very
same as the original (minus 2 songs, plus a BEAUTIFUL new one)...the remastering
process primarily is where they compress the sound
(making it more "flat", so the c.d. will be louder) and tweek the e.q. to an
insanely precise degree...one thing that immediately jumped out at me is how
much more "clean" the songs sound...and the crisp distinction between
instruments...the drums in particular are fuller sounding, especially Brain's
kick-drum.  And, in case I didn't mention it, I love the new song.

shannon