gateway bands

>So, what bands got YOU interested in music?   Anyone?  :-)

IIRC, it happened in this order...

First tape: Stryper "In God We Trust"
Second tape: Milli Vanilli "Girl, You Know It's True"
First concert: Petra Beyond Belief Tour
(moved to Ohio)
Third tape: Tesla "Five Man Acoustical Jam"

BOOM... that's when I got into music.  After Tesla, I started actually
listening to music for the instruments.  Then I got into a ton of Xian
rock in high school... (which I think I only kept the Steve Taylor)

Then I hit college and stumbled upon Galactic Cowboys, who got me into
Dream Theater, and then it all exploded from there... I think Dream
Theater was the band that expanded my musical interests to much more
than metal.  Then Caedmon's Call opened me up to the more acoustic/
folk thing- which is how I got into OtR... in a roundabout way through
a spacerock/jazz band called Ozric Tentacles... thank God for that "O"
rack at my local Coconuts Music.

Dan

+- Dan Temmesfeld     Galactic Cowboys on the Web -+
   dantemm at erinet_com      http://www.dlm.net/gc/