albums of the century

Okay, since I started the thread, I'll wrap it up.  (Or warp it
up...whatever...)
I tallied up all the responses to the album of the century/decade
question - yeah I had some free time - and here's some results for anyone
interested.  I broke the responses down into two categories, albums and
artists.  I gave each album one itty-bitty point for each time it was
mentioned on a list, even if it was mentioned as an 'honorable mention'
or some other sort of also-ran.  I did the same for artists, giving them
one point for each mention.  However, with the artists, I only allowed
for one point per post.  I did this because there were a couple of
ocassoins where a person listed like six albums from one artist.  Anyway,
the winner in each category should be no surprise, but others were
surprising to me.

ALBUMS:
   3 mentions:
 	Charity of Night - Bruce Cockburn
	Patience - Over the Rhine

   4 mentions:
	OK Computer - Radiohead

   6 mentions:
	Good Dog Bad Dog - Over the Rhine

I was tickled pink to see Cockburn.  All the Radiohead mentions prompted
me to dig out my little appreciated copy of 'OK Computer' and give it
another spin.  Result - it's still little appreciated.  Sorry, I just
don' get it.  I guess this settles the GDBD vs. Eve dispute, at least for
this list.  Eve only got one mention.

ARTISTS:
   3 mentions: Beatles, King's X, Pedro the Lion, and Seventy-Sevens

   4 mentions: Innocence Mission (yippee!)

   5 mentions: Violent Burning

   6 mentions: Bruce Cocburn (yippee!) and Radiohead

   7 mentions: U2 and Vigilantes of Love

  12 mentions:  Over the Rhine

Hey, that was fun.  Next question...

Casey Kasem