Re: good albums

Dan said:
>I still have one Petra CD, but it's a tribute CD.  I kept it because
>it's got some cool artists on it: Galactic Cowboys, Jars of Clay,
>Sarah Jahn, Sixpence NTR, Caprill & My Sisters Garden, and Kevin Max
>Smith w/ Passafist.

I've got that album, there's some cool tunes on that. I liked the Plankeye's
version of "All the King's Horses" best. Made me buy one of their albums
(The Spark) which proved to be a disappointment.
This dates back to the time I would buy all kinds of albums by various
artists to get to know many different artists and many different styles of
music.

That is also the way I found out about Over the Rhine. At least, that's what
I thought. Now I don't know anymore. (It's late).
I was going to tell you I got to know OtR by a service set up by the biggest
gospel music distributer in Holland a few years ago. They would release a
magazine four times a year with a CD. The CD contained, for about 20
artists,  an intro (first 1:45) of two or three songs from their most recent
album.
This was a great (and cheap) way to hear something of a lot of different
artists. This introduced me to Third Day, Sixpence and The Waiting and
one-time buys Adam Again (Perfecta), Clash of Symbols and The Stryper
Tribute (which got me into Morella's Forest).

Enough for now.
(Did this make any sense?)

Mark

NP Five Iron Frenzy - Live -Proof that the Youth is Revolting