Re: good albums

Fred, the hoopyfrood, wrote:
>Worst album buys?
>
>Something by Petra.

:)  Petra was the first band i saw in concert.  Beyond Belief tour in
1990 (or so)... my mom made me go.  I bought *many* Petra albums in
the 90's.  I think up to and including _Wake Up Call_ I had *every*
Petra CD ever.  Then I sold them all in the 90's as well. :)

I still have one Petra CD, but it's a tribute CD.  I kept it because
it's got some cool artists on it: Galactic Cowboys, Jars of Clay,
Sarah Jahn, Sixpence NTR, Caprill & My Sisters Garden, and Kevin Max
Smith w/ Passafist.

Even though I'm not into Petra today, I thank my mom for making me
go to that concert.  It was part of a long process of getting me
interested in music.  Hmmm... I guess it worked.

>Funniest?
>
>I have a copy of Guardian's Fire and Love autographed by the entire
>band AND the bass players little boy, who was about 6.

I had that album.  I used to think Jamie Rowe was sooo cool... :)
I think Fire and Love was when he was in his big Axl Rose wannabe
days... heck, maybe Jamie was always in an Axl wannabe mode...

in the window you sometimes appear,
Dan

NP: Ani Difranco - Up^6  (got it in the mail yesterday...yay!)

+- Dan Temmesfeld     Galactic Cowboys on the Web -+
   dantemm at erinet_com      http://www.dlm.net/gc/