More thoughts.

Well, thank you, everyone for writing to me. Y'all seem most enthused about the Rhinelander Ball, and it's infectious, let me tell you! I'm already planning what I want to wear.

Let me sum up what I'm hearing from folks so far:

Location: Surprisingly, what I'm hearing most is, "Cincinnati sounds best, but where the heck IS Kent, anyway?"

Kent is in NE Ohio, SE of Cleveland, and about 3 1/2 hours from Cinci. I still think of it as being infamous for the Kent State Riots of 1970, but that's just me.
As Lostee Heather put it, it's "4 (hour's drive) for most people. 4 hours from Lansing, 1 1/2 hours from Pittsburgh, and 3 1/2 hours from Buffalo. I personally think it's pretty central to most of our people. We
have the turnpike just north of us, I-76 just south, I-77 just west.... I-71 isn't too far."

As for the date, most people seem to feel Spring/Summer is a good time-- most specifically, any time after tax time, and Cornerstone. However, fi someone would tell me when, exactly, Cornerstone is, I'd be able to narrow it down a bit more.

The preference so far seems to be "Somewhat formal, with an emphasis on creativity." In other words, dress up at least a little, but be yourself above all. I half-expect to see the cow suit somewhere, although with an additional bowtie.

Hors d'oeuvres and a sit-down dinner is currently getting the thumbs-up.

Michael Kelsey seems to be making a lot of Lostees drool, but I'm also hearing a landslide of support for providing our own entertainment. So I had an idea: what if we start off with a cocktail hour featuring our own Lostees. We meet, we mingle, we listen. During dinner, since everyone should be able to snarf at will, I was thinking a mix tape could be playing. I have some wicked ideas for music already. After dinner, we can, if possible, have a featured guest-- Drew, Heather,  this is where you come in. At the end of it all, if we're still standing, I'd say a jam session might be called for.

And the most crucial question, that of cost, has gotten me a lot of varied answers, including several from folks who said they'd be willing to donate some for the greater good. Thanks, you selfless Saints. Hopefully, it won't come to that! The median seems to be about $25 so far, which is in line with our first proposal of Brady's.

So that's where we stand so far. Again, I can't do this without more input from folks. If we do indeed want to see if we can Michael Kelsey, we need to firm up plans as soon as possible. I'd love to have a few more possibilities to throw on the table, much as I love Brady's. So all those Cinci Lostees who said they'd LOVE to help out, get those thinking caps on! Send me suggestions! Call a few places! Poke a few people! (We're looking to price out 5 hours, with entertainment, hors d'oeuvres, and dinner, just so you know.)

Keep 'em coming, folks. You all rock!

DISCUSS!!!!!