RECIPE 4: Meat Sauce — New Professional Chef
Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â -= Exported from BigOven =-
Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Meat Sauce — Professional Chef
The classic “spaghetti” sauce loved by children and adults; this sauce also works well with lasagna and heavier pasta dishes.
Recipe By: THE NEW PROFESSIONAL CHEF, page 539
Serving Size: 2
-= Ingredients =-
2 tablespoon Olive Oil
2 each Garlic Cloves ; Minced
3 ounces Onion ; Minced
2 1/2 pounds Chuck ; or Combination Of Veal And Chuck
1 quart Tomato Puree
1 1/2 ounces Tomato Paste
1 teaspoon Salt ; To Taste
1/2 teaspoon Pepper ; Freshly Ground To Taste
1 tablespoon Basil ; Fresh Chopped
1 tablespoon Oregano ; Fresh Chopped
1 tablespoon Thyme ; Fresh Chopped
-= Instructions =-
1. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet.
2. Add the garlic and onion and saute them until the onions are tender and light and brown.
3. Add the ground meat. Saute the mixture, stirring with a wooden spoon to break up any lumps, until the meat is browned, about 3 minutes.
4. Add the tomato puree and 2 tablespoons of the tomato paste.
5. Season the sauce to taste with salt & pepper. Add the herbs.
6. Degrease the sauce if necessary.
7. Adjust the seasoning or consistency with additional tomato paste if necessary.
** This recipe can be pasted into BigOven without retyping.Â Â Â Â **
** Easy recipe software.Â Try it free at: http://www.bigoven.comÂ Â Â **