HIGH END APPETIZER & DESSERT PARTY!
Wendy & I hosted our first-ever HIGH END APPETIZER & DESSERT PARTY on Saturday, May 25, 2002. We asked each couple to bring ONE high-end appetizer, ONE high-end dessert, and ONE bottle of wine; all to share with everyone else.
Wendy and I made:
- Foie Gras two ways:
- Seared with Caramelized Fruits
- Nut-Crusted with Apple Relish
Others brought (not including their wines):
- Judy & Michael brought homemade Bon Bons
- Jay brought Salmon Salad with Caviar
- John brought two kinds of Pate
- Ted & Tracy brought a Tomato Motzerella Salad and Tiramisu Cheesecake
- Ed & Holly brought Dungenous Crab Pots De Creme, and homemade Chocolate Torte.
- David brought homemade cookies & Caramel Treasures.
- Doug & Meg brought Oyster Gratin on Brioche, Caper Appetizer on Toast (help with the name, please!), and Caramel Mousse on Carrot Cake Rounds with lemon cream.
Wendy and I were tremendously impressed with how seriously everyone took this themed party, and we appreciate the lengths the attendees went to in order to make the party a success — like Ed & Holly driving all over Cincinnati searching for the perfect ramekins, and Doug & Meg helping with the foie gras (and darned near everything else that was prepared that night!). Special thanks to Wendy for taking care of the foie gras.
Food was certainly the focus of this party, and a good time was had by all!