Somebody new

Hello, fellow fans of Over the Rhine, I am writing to you all for the first
time. I have read some of your emails and I justed wanted to share how I
fell in love with Over the Rhine.  I was about 13 years old when I first
heard their music. My sister had come home for the summer from Malone
college. The college several of Over the Rhine band members graduated from.
Ironically it is the college I am now attending. Well she was always crazy
about listening to this band and we had to share a room, and it drove me
nuts when she listened to it. I always got mad, but secretly when she was
not there I would listen to her cd's. I could never actually tell her that
we had one thing in common. Well fast forward a few years my sister is now
married and I am helping her and her husband at a summer christian camp. We
are working and somebody puts on over the rhine, until we have faces. All of
sudden I rememberr all these great songs, I had not listen to in about three
years. It was like I had discoverd this old friend that I had lost touch
with. It also gave me this new and great way to communicate with my sister.
WE actually had something in common and could agree on one thing. Ever since
that day I have been crazy for Over the Rhine. I have never heard a band
that has had so much passion in their music and their lyrics, I love their
lyrics!! This fall I saw them for the first time in concert and it was
great! I am excited to find about others who are in to Over the Rhine and
would love to hear everyone's story. I hope you all write me and tell me why
you love the band. Talk to you later. You new friend-Karen