First Possibilities.

All Hail Kent Lostee Heather!

Our intrepid Lostee braved the wilds of downtown Kent (such as it is) to bring back the following information from the head honcho at Brady's.

Paraphrased from Heather's and my online conversation last night:

Bonnie says: catered, with food and hors d'oeuvres, linen cloths, real plates, candles for 100.... $25 to $30 a person. (She says she has a real plate set-- white with gold trim-- that she bought earlier this year. Sets 75, which total people sounds like a much better idea to me.) Without more info from us, that is the best she could do for an estimation. She says it sounds like a great idea.  And that also includes our time there-- otherwise she charges $75 an hour to shut the place down. I even talked to her about bringing in a band: she thought it sounded great. She talked about moving the tables around to provide better movement, and also allow us to dance later. Buffet style dinner, possibly, but she thought that servers sounded better for that many.

She also says chocolate covered strawberries can be gotten any time of the year. And baked alaskas sounded good, too.

I told her that I could print up tix at Kinko's and
people could buy them from me beforehand, and we only let the poeple in the door that have them. That way we don't have to worry about non-listee people coming in.

She asked for a time frame, I said no earlier than
march but probably more like late summer.

I still think we should bring in Kelsey - he rocks!
He loves Bradys, and I think I could pull him in realativly cheap.

Saturday?  That way people who work Friday can still make it out, and we can have brunch before people leave on Sunday.

Kent's about 3 1/2 hours from Cinci the way I drive.  4 for most people. 4 hours from Lansing, 1 1/2 hours from Pittsburgh, and 3 1/2 hours from Buffalo. I personally think it's pretty central to most of our people. We have the turnpike just north of us, I-76 just south, I-77 just west.... I-71 isn't too far.

So we'd still need hotel info. But it's a college town. We have one hotel in Kent, 4 on I-76 (5 min away), about 5 on the turnpike (15 min away). Everything from Holiday Inn, to Days Inn to Talley-ho($30 a night).

That's the other reason I thought spring break would
be good... not nearly as much traffic! Students head south, and motels would be cheap (because no one's there... and off season for weather, too).

Oh, and I thought that I could be check in person too. When everyone gets here they can call me (cuz it would be local) and tell me what hotel and room they are staying in, so when others get here they can all find each other... and I can inform ppl where everyone is meeting and all that.

Me again: you all KNOW how I feel about chocolate-covered strawberries.

Anyway, again, all hail Lostee Heather. Not only is she a pool-playing Goddess, she's currently the most pro-active femme I know.

So this is what we have to compare with. If we want to go with Cinci, still, we have to compare to this deal. And again, we should probably be moving fairly quickly. Though if we move any quicker, I'll have to go back for my wind goggles.

Discuss.