Rhinelander Ball

All right. Seeing as how I just got my business cards back, which must mean I
really am an event planner now, I figured I'd try to get this ball rolling.
Besides which, I really want a decent excuse to party in Ohio. Really.

What I'm thinking is that someone-- namely, me, at first-- needs to gather
ideas and basic interest. I've opened a folder on my desktop (which must mean
I'm really serious!), and I'd like to hear ideas from folks. I'm thinking
Cincinnati is the obvious place to have this little soire, and I'm also
thinking Spring/Summer a nice time to have it. Comments? And just out of
curiosity, would anyone be willing to schlepp to Philadelphia, anyway, since
that's where I am and where I'm most effective?

Most important now is someone in the Cinci area who's willing to help out.
Prolly several someones. I mean, I don't mind doing organisational stuff, but
I'm on the East Coast, and we're talking Mid-West here. Toast's already been
a forward thinker, but he's also out-of-town.

Also, what kind of party are we thinking of? When I close my eyes and
think...well, I usually wind up falling asleep, but before that, I imagine a
fairly formal occasion, with everyone fulfilling their own idea of formal, of
course. I also imagine that, instead of a dj or band, we supply our own music
from the various talents here on the list. I'm also thinking we'd need a
caterer, since attempting to do a potluck formal ball just sounds like a
truly bad idea. Anyone here have any connections?

Anyway, start lobbing ideas my way and at each other. Please remember to
throw underhand, and don't aim for my head.

Oh-- and Merry Christmas!