what i'm a-listening to...

i must disagree wholeheartedly with sarah's comment.  sarah, even if someone is introduced to otr with gdbd and it remains their favorite after listening to the other albums, i don't think you can say that they don't appreciate the older stuff.  untrue.
i was introduced to otr through a gdbd-era (aren't we still in that era?) at cornerstone 96.  the short version is (haven't you all heard them before?)  i wandered into a tent, i heard this amazing voice singing, i jotted down lyrics as fast as i could and as much as i could understand, they played everyman's daughter, and the rest is history...
they were all sold out of gdbd cds, so i had to order one.  once i got it, i listened to it non-stop for a long time.  i fell in love with it for the lyrics, mostly, but i thought the music was beautiful as well.  next, i bought patience at a show, i think.  i fell in love with it, but for different reasons.  there were parts of "i've been slipping" and other songs where her voice was so haunting.  i got eve and til we have faces at the same time, which was bad news for til we have faces.  i rarely listened to twhf for a while.
besides, dnoty, asr, and the idttnntbn came in sequence as they were released, and they all found nice homes on my cd shelves.
so...  i guess my favorites would be gdbd and eve--both for very different reasons.  eve makes me happy.  it's a good cd to listen to while driving, cleaning the house, biking, etc., but the words shrined in gdbd haunt me--even with as many times as i have heard latter days.
so if i totaled all the times i have heard the cds, i think gdbd would win, followed by eve, dnoty, patience, twhf, besides, asr, and the piano cd.
if you want to know what order i would play them in if i were to go to the cd player right now, it would be dnoty (just because it's the season), asr, eve, besides, patience, twhf, gdbd, and the piano cd.
how's that for an answer.....???
: )
jan