VOL/OTR Thread

Hey all,

I have just joined the list because so many people on the VOL list have recommended OTR to me - so here I am, a newbie of sorts . . .

Wanted to comment on the comment on VOL and the setlists - totally true.  Every time I see VOL they sort of reinvent themselves.  This last show went back to Jugular (the album I "cut my teeth on")  - acoustic and honest.  Check it out

I would also be interested in people commenting on comparison/contrast of OTR and VOL

Couple of question about OTR:

1. What album should I start with?

2. Any articles I could read about them?

3. Can someone point me to a history on the band?

4. Can someone give me a "6 degrees of separation" for OTR in the music industry - i.e. who they have worked with or who has worked with them?

5.  Do they ever come to the Boston area?

From the soapbox,

Rev. Stephen M. Squires
Boston University School of Theology
New Colony Baptist Church