big (and small) thoughts prompted by OTR

I'm forwarding this to the list by request from my friend Brian.  He's
desperately trying to crawl out from the shadows and post, but actwin is
giving him problems.

Melissa

-- BEGIN included message

OK...I sent (so I thought) the message below yesterday...I receive OTR postings
in digest form and when I received the next installment I was puzzled that my
(first :-) post wasn't there...

So maybe you're receiving this twice.  If so, I apologize (two-for-one is
usually good though, right?)

bks

someone asked about (big) thoughts motivated by otr.  here's my humble list:

*how can such a poor neighborhood sound so good when it's advertised in
lights?

*why is it that total strangers can feel so welcome around a table of pizza
when we'd only look strangely upon one another if we passed at the (mall, post
office, fill in the blank here...)

*maybe it's just me, but it seems like there should have been a "better" (more
appropriate maybe?) place to gather after the concert than a pizza chain that
looked put out by such a crowd (free soda notwithstanding)

*i bought the _besides_ cd (well, my wife signed the credit slip)...from the
first oTr newsletter (paraphrased since i'm three states away from it already):
"i want my life to be a foundation to build upon not something that crushes me
under it's weight."  that's a big thought to last at least a week or so...

*what does it (really) mean to celebrate christmas?

*there's more music in a song from kottke's guitar than from lots of
multi-piece bands i've listened to

(ok...that's strictly _not_ motivated by oTr...but they invited him back on
stage, so that should be close enough, right?)

*what must it feel like to headline in the historic theatre of your hometown?

*what does it feel like to have (what must be) a dream come true?

*what can i do to feel that way?

anyway...yes, my big thoughts are usually questions.   i'm just rhetorical that
way.  no, i don't always eschew capital letters...i'm just feeling lazy today.

and i was the quiet one in the middle of the table @ uno's...

brian

np: Michael Roe : Safe as Milk

-- END included message