reflections and comments

good morning, folks.

it's been awhile and a bit more since the last time i posted, so i figured
it's just about time to say something.  i must say that i was impressed and
inspired by the taft show . . . it might have been the thing i needed to kick
my poor ass into a happy place.  linford mentioned something about his job
being to create a good space (or something of that nature - i'm horrible with
quotes).  well, god bless linford.  ("which god?" you ask.  pick one.)
i couldn't have been more pleased to hear cast me away and acib.  did anyone
else have a hard time hearing jack during the first half of the show?  maybe
i've just become accustomed to hearing him _a lot_.
as i'm writing this, my old roommate is sitting across the room singing that
damned garth brooks song - the one about the whisky drowning my blues . . .
easy there, natacha.
let's see.  so many things have already been said about that night.  let me
recap some of my favorite moments from the weekend:
1.  the fact that twa lost my luggage and didn't deliver it to scott's house
until i arrived safely back home in oklahoma,
2.  there were some aged hippies sitting directly behind us - they left
halfway through the show,
3.  bink, ysoie . . . thanks for saying hi.  sorry i wasn't more talkative.
4.  when linford mentioned karin's junior recital, i had a moment of
connection.  i'm one of those who sees recitals as an excercise in fear,
5.  leo kottke made me happy.  i'd like to hear him again.
6.  cincinnati in the evening is so lovely.
7.  arlo fiske.  i know you're out there.  come out and play.

so.  i'm not sure when i'll get a chance to see the band next.  it's a long
trip and i need to establish a budget.
a few closing comments about the band.
the drummer didn't bother me.  you know who bothers me?
the bassist.  not as much as the first time i saw him but, if i might say so,
he is the dorkiest human being i've ever seen.  less art, more matter, little
fella.
karin looked like herself again.  whatever changes were made between the
taylor show and saturday night, gooood.
terri was a go-go dancer.  or a dr. suess character.  or a dandelion.  i
liked.
jack likes to chew gum.  chew, jack, chew.
linford regressed to childhood for a little while.  good for him.

that's all for now.  probably for quite a while.
jay, lindsey - i missed seeing you both.  blessings to you for this week.

back to the shadows.
stef