Last Night

A post before bedtime after a long drive...

Do I get points for being the first to use the subject line "Last Night"?

I was very pleasantly surprised by the show.

The Taft was a nice replacement for the Emery, right down to the
uncomfortable, impossible to sit in if you're 6'4" seats.

After only knowing of Leo Kottke by reputation, it was nice to actually
hear him play.

There is no way that I would have guessed that I would be hearing "Last
Night", "And Can It Be", and "My Love Is A Fever". The band seemed to be
having a lot more fun than in the other shows I've seen this year.

I'm one of the people disappointed by the new drummer. I got the vibe that
he was just a hired gun, flown in for a couple shows who really wasn't all
that familiar with the songs or interested in adding to them. I'm sure
that if he is the permanent replacement, he'll grow into the band just
fine, but last night, he just didn't fit.

I don't think I've ever eaten so much in a 24 hour period. We had to stop
for lunch on the road, of course. Then dinner before the show. Then Uno
after the show. Then brunch the next morning, with some seriously
underestimated portions. Ugh. I'm feeling a little bloated.

Here's the part where we all seem to post cryptic little hellos that have
meaning to about five people out of the hundreds (thousands?) that read
the list.

Jan and Fran - Thank you for preserving my sanity during a long
drive. Thank you for dinner. Thank you for putting up with my insane
babbling. Thank you for keeping me awake on the way home. Thank you. I
have decided to sleep now and am planning on waking up in mid-afternoon. I
think you can guess why.

Bruce - Could you throw a selection of the best messages that are left on
your answering machine on a web site somewhere? Here's hoping YOUR
Christmas is....oh, never mind.

Debbie - An absolute joy as always. Really, I won't be offended if you
forget things about me I don't even remember ever telling you. There were
a couple points where I was certain you were about to tell me my shoe
size.

Drew - Do you give comedy lessons? Until this weekend, I was under the
mistaken impression that I was funny. Since I'm in Cincinnati so
infrequently, do you have any dining tips for Chicago?

Jessyka - Even though you weren't there this weekend, you'll be happy to
know that NOBODY will let me forget about that after show 'incident' at
the Blind Lemon last spring.

Melissa - Thank you again for the great tickets.

Everyone else - I wasn't as social as usual, I'm sorry. It really was nice
seeing all of you that I saw again, however briefly.

Jeff/Toast
Toast/Jeff
Whatever