Re: Galactic Cowboys & Monk

Tobias wrote:
>> BTW, I can't let you mentioning this RockNight go by without
>>asking you... Did you catch the GALACTIC COWBOYS' set?  And
>>if so, how was it?
>
>Yeah, of course. This was one of the main reasons I went there.

I sorta figured with the obligatory KingsX reference in your "Tapehead"
screenname...

>I was so disappointed when they didn't come with King's X in spring.

Trust me, they were disappointed, too.  But Erik Tatuaka (their fill-in
drummer) bailed about two weeks before they were gonna head over to Europe.
 It was too short of a notice to bring someone else in a learn all the
songs...

>Their set was amazing and the drummer who did the second show with
>them was very good, too. It just was too short. They weren't allowed
>to do any encores.

Do you happen to know his name?  Last I heard was that he was just playing
the Germany gig, and that he wasn't actually in the band... hmmm...

>But I got to talk to Monty and Ben after it and
>they're really nice ppl.

Yeah, they're all nice people.  Monty cracks me up... :)  Did you get to
talk to Wally at all?

>Monk was a surprize to me and I think they made some new fans
>over here. All the "I-just-want-to-jump-around-"-ppl left when
>they began to play but all the real music-listeners stayed with
>open mouths!

Yeah, Monk is phenomenal.

Dan

NP: King's X - Ear Candy

+- Dan Temmesfeld     Galactic Cowboys on the Web -+
   dantemm at erinet_com      http://www.dlm.net/gc/