Re: turning people on...

In a message dated 11/16/1999 11:50:44 PM Eastern Standard Time,
marquis at icx_net writes:

> If you were giving the gift that keeps on giving, an over the rhine CD,
>  and you had to choose from GDBD and ASR, which one would you choose?

well, it seems to be as if a lot of the newer people have been turned on to
otr by gdbd.  i was.  and i know that jg in particular (hi jg!) has lent gdbd
to others to get them hooked, usually successfully.

and asr doesn't enthrall me.  it's the only one of otr's cds not in my car cd
folder.

then again, asr has moth, and some pretty awesome tunes from previous records
that, although to us are overdone on recordings (jack's valentine, my love is
a fever) to a new person it might hold something more.

all in all, i think i would go with asr, as it shows off a little more of the
versitility.  gdbd pretty much sounds the same.  and i'm not saying that's
bad (so please don't flame me), but to someone new, they might be expecting
something more.

good luck.  :)

*hugz and kisses*
jessyka