Re: Hitchcock presents...

>Hi all, long-time listener, first-time poster, etc. etc...
>
>Wanting a bit of musical advice.. Robyn Hitchcock is coming to my part of
>the country (Portland, OR), and seeing as he's been mentioned on the list
>before was wondering what the low-down on his music is.  Can anybody help?
>Recomendations, pieces to look for in his set, etc.?
>
>Thanks!
>Stephen
>
>np: Elliot Smith 'XO'

Stephen,
Well, if you're listening to and liking Elliot Smith, you shouldn't be
disappointed.
Hitchcock's stuff is mostly melodic Brit-pop, lots of Beatles influence without
directly ripping them off (too much).  Kind of a nasaly voice, but a worthy
performer
in my estimation.  He writes some of his songs with a similar quirky sense of
humor you might find in Elvis Costello or Billy Bragg.  Sit back and enjoy.
I'm jealous, he's one I've wanted to see for a while but haven't had the chance
to, yet.

Enjoy the show,
AaronB

np:  Jean Yves Labat - M Frog