@@Re: saturday night@@

hi.

snipping a snippet from myself:
> >  win  her band to band combat competition  (yay, anne!).

causes jessyka to ponder:
> so they did win?  i was even thinking about that last night...thanks for
> making me remember that i wanted to know!  do you know what song will be
on
> the cd?

yeah, they won.
this was round 2 of the city finals,  and whichever band won this round gets
on the compilation cd and gets $2500,  and advances to the national level of
competition with other cities' winners.
there were 3 bands:  Poets of Another Breed; Sultans of Bink; Anne E.
DeChant.

the Poets were up first,   and they played this hard core- meets-white boy-
rap thing which must have been good if you like that sort of thing,  since
they also made it to round 2.   It wasn't our cup of Emperor's Choice,
however,  so the three of us milled around the bathroom area watching and
enjoying the confusion generated by   barely-labelled  entrance doorways to
the gender specific restrooms.     we put down several corona's  and some
atomic fireballs until at drummer amy's request and suggestion we began
drinking rolling rocks.   we had to do something while the Poets were
playing, and watching them was the one thing we didn't wanna do.     In our
opinion it was too bad we could ~hear~ 'em,  but you know,  maybe if we were
20 some years younger we'd be diggin' it.......maybe.
Anyway,  the Poets did bring their fan base with them,  that was for sure,
and Anne and her bandmates were nervous and really worried that they were
gonna get their asses kicked that night.   Every now and then the singer of
the Poets would introduce the night's performers and  there would be a lot
of applause for the Poets,  very little for the poor (poor= unfortunate,
not poor = bad) band Sultans of Bing,   and a pretty good level of applause
for Anne.   I was thinking "yeah,  anne might get her ass kicked tonight,
and   what a shame that ~this band~ is the band to do it."   (Can you tell i
didn't like these guys?) .  They were loud, too,  which is not necessarily a
bad thing,  just an observation.
After their set was finished the Sultans of Bing played,  and they had a
pretty cool groove.   Michele and i made our way up front,  db hung about in
the center somewhere,  and shortly thereafter i did that thing i do that
resembles dancing,  somewhat.    i liked this band pretty well,  i'd go see
them again.    too bad they didn't seem to bring hardly any fans with them,
for their audience level of appreciation was noticeably low.   they really
deserved better, IMO.   Michele digged 'em  too,  though db was not quite so
fond.    The Anne E. band was bumming,  they were scared of the Poets
showing.   That was about when i bought amy a rolling rock.   anne e. didn't
want a libation.
Sultans of Bing left the amp levels just about where the Poets had left 'em,
but that was cool since we liked 'em more!
Finally Anne and band take the stage and they also leave the amps up loud!
now this was fun!   what was it Linford says about quiet music?   They turn
in  a rockin' little 1 hour set and there's  us and a few others  dancing up
front,  and lots of other ppl up front groovin' but not dancing.   oh, it
just occured to me now that i don't remember thinking of the contest at this
point in the evening.   busy with the dancing thing, i guess.   Michele,
always the gregarious one, introduces herself to as many ppl as she can bump
into.   Monica introduces herself only to the one she accidentally bopped on
the head while dancing about.   We were right next to the speakers and i was
thinking that my ears were really going to be ringing the next day,  and i
was right.
after the anne set,  and much applause we (and many of us)  stuck around for
the ballot counting.   we staked our place by the restroom, of course.    at
one point Monica and Michele were in the women's and were evidently singing
the theme from H.R. Puff'n'stuff,  and Anne went in to pee (i presume)  and
when Anne came out she told me that those two were crazy!   yeah,  they are
fun to get together,  (well, if singing Puf'n'stuff themes is your idea of
fun.  it is mine!).
anyway....wait,  wait,  watch, watch.  Finally the emcee says their gonna
annouce the winner shortly,  the vote was close so they are recounting.
Then later they announced a 3rd recount.   Finally the winner was announced
and it was Anne E. and company!   yay!   and there was much jubilation  and
photo opps  and that huge photo opp check for 2,500 bucks and many smiling
happy faces.
I'm not positive about this but i think i heard that the winner won by just
3 votes.   Don't hold me to this bit of info, though,  i could have been
making it up out of bits and pieces of some conversation coupled with some
Rolling Rocks.

But three votes or not,  "we"  won!    yay!!!  Now it's on to Detroit and
Washington DC,  so if any losties are in or near those cities  (Jay!)  and
you don't already have a favourite band entered into your city's Band to
Band Combat competition,  then please go see and vote for Anne E.   (you
must be 21 to attend as they are sponsored by a cigarette company and
therefore want to give  you free smokes).

She will  (as will all city winners)  be featured on the Band To Band Combat
compilation CD,  which if you go  (went)  and voted,  you will be getting in
the mail one day,  but i don't know which one they're putting on the disc.

Anyway,  we had a bit more fun that night and when i reached my bedroom at
5:24 in the morning,  my morning alarm clock was already going off;  had
been for 4 minutes.   Luckily it was Saturday night and i didn't need to
wake for work  :-).

Jessyka,  does that answer your question?
goodnight, losties.
jg