NoOTR: Counting Crows

On Tue, 09 Nov 1999 10:57:40 EST, you wrote:

>>hey drew,
>>what do you think of the new album?
>

>i know i'm not drew,

There are SO many people that fall into that category! 8-)

>well, overall, i like it.  but, i don't know if it's just me, but it seems
>that the production is somewhat distorted.  at first i thought it was just
>my car speakers, but now i'm not so sure...do you think maybe they did it
>that way on purpose?  in that case, i guess that would be my main beef with
>the record.  but it's pretty good, nonetheless.  too short, though.  a good
>balance between the two previous records.  i'm still just waiting for
>something as earth-shattering and moving as august and everything after,
>though...

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by 'distorted'... The
production sounds fine to me... If anything, the production is a tad
'loose' -- some interesting non-melodic things in the background
(voices, clicks, pops, etc)... I don't mind that.

BTW, have you all found the hidden track yet?

I agree that it's a good balance between the two previous...

Andrew Vogel: Program Manager at the University of Cincinnati College of
Pharmacy.               http://pharmacy.uc.edu/default.html  (513)-558-3784