Re: Can we talk?

On Mon, 25 Oct 1999 13:36:02 -0500 "Russ Stewart" <RSSTEWAR at hewitt_com>
writes:

>Paltrow's character stuck out like a sore thumb and while five miutes
>doesn't sound like a lot but it is too much time to spend on a throw
>away
>character.

The same could be said for 'Shakespeare In Love'.  What a waste!
(let the arrows fly...)

 Take L.A. Confidential, how
>hard is
>      it for an actor to walk around with a smug look on his face the
>whole
>      time?  So far I wouldn't put him up there with the likes of
>Robert
>      Duval or even Tom Hanks, at least not yet.

PUHLEEEZE!  How could you ever demean Spacey and elevate Tom
Hand-Me-A-Hanky in the same sentence?  Tom Hanks has got to be the most
overrated actor of the 20th century.  Oscar #1 came for seriously
overacting in a politically correct role while Oscer #2 was for a fairly
decent but still undeserving of a prize performance in an immensely
popular and likeable movie.  I definitely wouldn't put Spacey 'in there'
with Tommy Boy either.  Nor would I put Tommy Boy 'in there' with Duvall.

Kelvin