Re: meander me this river and i'll sell you some soggy real estate

Toggedout wrote:
>1) where is everyone getting a) the money 2) the time and c) the
>simple know how to purchase all these definitively different cds?

a) I don't buy much else.  Saving on eating out can buy 2 extra CDs a
   month. :)
2) I don't do much else than listen to music, go to shows, and movies
   (but not as much as music).  It's the only reason I work- to get
   money to buy CDs... work is just a way to be able to afford your
   freetime. ;)
c) It's no "know how."  I mainly buy on a whim or from recommendation
   from friends, or albums of artists that were formerly in a band that
   I liked.  Actually, I can trace almost any band I'm into now from
   several other bands...

I got into Dream Theater my fall qtr as a freshman in college.  Dream
Theater got me into tons of other stuff, and opened my mind to all
different kinds of music (problem is *most* progrock fans are quite the
contrary- very closed minded- at least a lot of the online fans I've run
into)- tons of progrock and some not progrock, Galactic Cowboys, King's X,
Tori Amos (yes, I got into her via DT), Chroma Key, Ozric Tentacles,
Saviour Machine, Radiohead, Pink Floyd, etc...

Caedmon's Call got me into Toad the Wet Sprocket, Jars of Clay, Over the
Rhine, Vigilantes of Love, Sixpence, Dave Matthews, Michael Kelsey, etc.

Plus there's stuff I used to listen to before college: Faith No More,
Extreme, Steve Taylor, U2, Circle of Dust (which eventually got me into
more techno/ industrial), Metallica, Tesla (don't knock it, good musicians
for a hair band- if I name my first son Frank Hannon, I won't be
surprised...haha...j/k...), Amy Grant... heck, I used to be a big Stryper
and Petra fan. :)

I'd say the main reason I got into most of the stuff I listen to know is
based on recommendation of friends- around here and online.  I'd never know
about any concerts or upcoming releases if I wasn't online.  I don't know
how I got along before the internet... :)

>d) does anyone have the lyrics to "amelia" from dnoty?  i've tried
>homophone-ing, but it comes out something like:
>so amelia
>maybe we're not that car
>are we really tzars
>is this tartar

I'd wager on "tartar."  We all know Karin's fondness for food.

"Wouldn't cheeses be surprised" from "Moth".... ;)

>f)  what does "hth" stand for?  hit the hay?  hooray to havanna?
>hang tight honey?

Hope that helps.

HTH!

Dan

NP: Burlap to Cashmere - Live at the Bitter End

+-    Dan Temmesfeld          Galactic Cowboys on the Web    -+
    dantemm at erinet_com           http://www.dlm.net/gc/
+- Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how did you like the show? -+