Re: Emery Tentacles...?

>> >NP:  Ozric Tentacles mp3s
>>
>> I've been spinning Ozric's latest CDs a bunch lately- esp. _Waterfall
>> Cities_ and _Curious Corn_.  I hear they're coming out with a techno-y
>> remix CD in November... should be fun...
>
>Yeah, we were listening to Matt's _Waterfall Cities_ on mp3.
>
>It was my first time listening to it - I really got into it.

Which brings up another point- how would you describe their music?

You told me they weren't "acid jazz."  I don't really know what the term
"acid jazz" is supposed to mean anyhow... but Ozric Tentacles is sort of
jazzy, sort of rocky, sort of techno, really bubbly, coily, splooshy,
progressive, ethereal, organic, artificial, fuzzy, space rock.

I'd call 'em sort of "space rock."  That's the best I've got.  I just can't
explain 'em to anyone.  The reason I tend to subliminally tie "acid" to it,
is... damn, these guys have got to be on acid.  I mean, look at their cover
art amnd band pics.  They're freakin' hippies. :)

PS- Monk on Nov 12th?  It'll be an OtR weekend, indeed.

Dan

NP: Static-X - Wisconsin Death Trip

+-    Dan Temmesfeld          Galactic Cowboys on the Web    -+
    dantemm at erinet_com           http://www.dlm.net/gc/
+- Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how did you like the show? -+