What about Headman Shabalala?

It's a small snip fest today.

emery snip:

>Also, Drew Vogel's secret
>identity as a government-trained superintelligent dolphin with computer
>access is revealed.

And movie star.  His work in Johnny Mnemonic, though it could not save
the film from itself, at least outshone that of the less talented primary
star, Keanu Reeves.

>And, Rick Callender fails a Turing test, and it's
>determined he is NOT REAL.

I'm not real.

scott rice snip:
>ay, have you seen "Delicatessin"? I
Yes.  What a cool movie.  Wacth it without kowing anything about it.
The, um, rhythm scene is soooo cool.  Among others.

Kelvin snip:
>HELP!  Someone please save me!  Please douse me with a bucket of reality
>before I am sucked into this mirey quagmire of arrogance and
>pretentiousness that is surrounding me today.  I'm counting on you...

Love the quagmire.  Let it ooze through your toes and pores and
bloodstream.  Or, whatever.  Run screaming.  I'm ambivalent about the
whole thing, actually.

You can't actually escape, though.

bink snip:
>The Silent Era of film I believe to be of the most creative years of the
media.

**Most** creative?  Everyone's entitled to opinions, of course.  And my
mood, like I said, is ambivalent.  But the word "most" just strikes me as
fascist in this case.  :)

Let's not shortchange our more recent innovators.

I mean, heck, Drew couldn't even get work back then.  Even with all his
government training.  There was such a prejudice against dolphins.  The
best he got for years was that gig as stunt double for Lassie.  Which was
just way below him.

up here in my tree,

Fred

PS: What about Headman Shabalala?  Does anybody care about justice?
Three billion people in the world, and I only know a few . . .

NP: Adam Again -- "Dig"