Re: foreign film.

--- Jaharnish2 at aol_com wrote:

> my favorite era of film:
> early German, 1920s - 1930s.
> Metropolis, the Cabinet of Doctor Caligari,
> Nosferatu, etc.

> i offer amazing showings of Metroplis.

The Silent Era of film I believe to be of the most
creative years of the media. Metropolis is easily one
of the best silents ever made and still stands as an
omen hauntingly fitting the world as we know it today.
The robot is still the coolest one around. (Even
earlier sketches of C-3PO were based off of it.)

Lon Chaney's "Phantom of the Opera" (NOT to be
confused with Lloyd Webber's sad excuse of a musical
to one of the best stories ever written) is another
one of my favourites. I own that one. I even saw a
showing of it with a full live orchestral score (even
the opera singing!) written for the silent film during
it's original release!

Also, give me silent 'toons anyday. The original
silent Felix the Cat RULES!!!! He's also an influence
for my mischief...

bink

=====