Re: Re: Various bits.

In a message dated 10/9/99 4:27:58 PM, jglassford at neo_rr.com wrote:

>hi.
>

>> >Anywhere you go,I'll follow you down
>> >Anyplace but those I know by heart.
>> >Anywhere you go,I'll follow you down
>> >I'll follow you down but not that far.
>>

>> All right, dammit! This has been bugging me for WEEKS now! What the hell
>is this???
>

>it's some Gin Blossom song's chorus.   the Gin Blossoms are, for me,  a
>paradox.   I don't understand why i like ~every single gin blossom song~ i
>hear on the radio,  and yet i never buy any gin blossom albums.     even
>when i find 'em  at the $1, 2.50, and 5 dollar store, i don't pick them up.
>
>why why why?     (i dunno).

HUGE sigh of relief. Ahhh, that's so much better, jg. Thanks! Every time I
even TRIED to think what it was, I kept hearing "Anywhere you go, always take
the weather with you...."

I'm the same way with Gin Blossoms, though I saw them when they opened for
Del Amitri in '92 and immediately ran out to buy their first album. I never
got round to the rest, and even though I went "aww!" when they broke up, I
never did get their subsequent CDs.

>next....
>

>> Oh, and something else bugging me: I expected the November Project news to
>> excite a flurry of ooos and ahhhs. We all mourned the loss of October
Project
>> loudly enough. What, is everyone hibernating?
>>

>well, hibernating they may be,  we seem to have a lot of the hibernating
>thing going on lately here,  but i didn't oooh  and ahhhh  because you  (or
>someone) said  "new replacement singer"   so i'll defer  judgement until i
>hear the new Nov. project album or ep.   maybe it'll be like the 10K Maniacs
>without baby nats:  still good.  but maybe it'll be like Jefferson
>{Aerospace}  without Grace:   garbage.

I know what you mean. No, she's not the same, and I had the instinctive 10K
Reaction (tm), too, but Maryanne has a very good voice, and I'm just excited
to know they're trying again. In the interview, they said that doing a show
mixing their old and new stuff felt seamless, and that if you didn't know
older stuff, you wouldn't know there was anything different-- i.e., they may
sound a little different, but the music's the same. Does that make any sense?
Anyway, the new woman sounds like a sweetheart, and she does have a lovely
voice. I think the story is that they tried all these singers but couldn't
find anything, so they put out an ad for actors who could sing and got 400
tapes-- and one just leaped out at them no matter how many times they went
over the whole mess. So I'm hopeful!

>but, if it'll make you happy (and that's what i live for) then,
>

>"Oooooooooh!"
>
>"Ahhhhhhhhhh!"

Man, jg, you do indeed know how to make a woman happy. What a lucky woman db
is!