RE: truth is a sweaty toothed madman blanket cold feet

> >My point was how silly it seems for a "little finite human" to claim to
> >*know*, not to *not know* about such things.
> >I'm all for a little healthy doubt and skepticism.
> >

> Okay, next topic.

One last thought before I fade away on this topic for another 6 months.  I
know I've trolled these waters far too long not to know it's a pointless
debate, but I seem to be far too fond of playing advocatus diaboli to quit.

{ed. note - I started this email at 9:00 this morning, and was forced to
abandon it until 3:00 this afternoon.  The continuation follows.}

Anyway, the reason that this is an unwinnable debate for either side is that
it boils down to the one thing that is necessary for almost all religions.
No, I'm not talking about guilt, though it seems like that's another
prerequisite.   I'm talking about *faith*.

If you have the faith that there's one god, and one truth, and you believe
it because you have faith in those items, and believe it wholeheartedly
because your religion demands it of you.  (Christianity does - I know)

So, anyway, I think my point is that there is no point.

It's moot.

Or, as a guy I knew in high school used to say: "It's a mute point"

--
chris.emery at ecoutlook_com

NP:  Buggles _The Age Of Plastic_