hey, you're wearing an over the rhine t-shirt.

> If some stranger walked by you and said "Hey, you're wearing an
> Over The Rhine t-shirt," (assuming, of course, that you were indeed
> wearing such a thing), how would you respond, if at all?

i actually had something similar happen once.

a couple years back i was at concordia college ann arbor.  i was wearing my
rocking horse gdbd shirt (which had since been relegated to a shelf in my
room because it's just slightly too small...i should have bought a bigger
shirt).  a complete stranger (well, he looked complete) looked at my shirt
and said, "hey, good taste."  i am by no means quick on my mental feet (not
with complete strangers, anyway), so all i got out was, "thank you."  he
never stopped walking, though, so there was never a chance for much more of a
response.  ideally, i would have a cordial and clever response.  in that
reality, i had a desperate response.  however, you may rest assured that i
didn't look at him as if he "were some warthog-faced buffoon."  (i give that
look only to genuine warthog-faced buffoons.)

and i most certainly would always try to say *something* in response.

it's strangely amusing to hear the questions i've gotten about my monk shirt.
 (you know, the black shirt with the big star and the little "monk" at the
bottom.)  i've had several people ask me something similar to "what is that?"
or "what does it mean?"  thus far i've merely explained that monk is a band,
but i'm trying to think of a response that's more controversial.

-burrill.