Re: Over-The-Rhine Digest V2 #804

On Tue, 28 Sep 1999 12:48:55 EDT Toggedout at aol_com writes:
>In a message dated 9/28/99 12:39:42 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
>
>but think about this, although gravity is the closest thing to
>absolute in
>the physical world, there is a lot of relativity concerning its
>influence
>upon an object.  for example, the masses involved, the distances
>involved, et
>cetera.
>this is actually a very bad analogy for truth, because with gravity,
>everything exerts a gravitational pull, where as not everything exerts
>"truth-ful pull."  and the analogy gets even worse when applied to the
>"truth
>of god" because not everything is a god, or at least according to your

What?!?  The analogy has absolutely nothing to do with explaining how
gravity works on what.  It holds up because gravity itself is a
recognized truth that we all agree exists.  You are bringing up totally
non-related issues with all that "pull" stuff.
(Unless, of course, I totally misunderstood you.)

Kelvin